1 teaspoon salt disolved in 6 tablespoons water ] = [A]
Lard for frying 4 eggs
2 teaspoons pounaed garlic
11 oz flat rice noodles (kway teow)
11 oz bean sprouts, washed and drained
2 tablespoons soya sauce (dark)
Chilli sauce (see below)
1 pair of Chinese sausages (sliced thinly and fried)
2 oz chives, cut into 1-2 inches in length
4 oz cockles (shelled, un-cooked)
1-2 tablespoons sweet thick black sauce
1. Heat large wok until smoking hot. Add lard and fry garlic (till light brown). Add rice noodles and bean sprouts. Add in [A] mixture and dark soya sauce. Stir-fry for 1/2 minute.
2. Add 4 tablespoons lard and scramble eggs. Mix scrambled eggs into noodles .
3. Add chilli sauce.
4. Add sausages, and stir-fry for another minute. Add lard to sides of wok if necessary to avoid sticking.
5. Make space in centre of noodles. Add cockles and cover with noodles. Add in chives and sweet thick black sauce. Toss for 1/2 minute. Serve hot.
10 oz liquidized chili
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
12 fl oz water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon lard
3/4 teaspoon shrimp paste (crumbled)
1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
1. Heat lard in a small saucepan. Fry garlic and shrimp paste till brown.
2. Add [B]. Bring to boil gently for 5 minutes.